Charles joined Abeles and Hoffman in 2009. As a tax manager, he is responsible for providing clients with tax consulting and preparation services. Specifically, he assists with individual, partnership, S-Corporation, C-Corporation, trusts and gift tax returns. In addition, he has experience helping clients with their bookkeeping and payroll needs.
In addition to working full-time, Charles has been an adjunct professor in the Masters of Accounting Program at Fontbonne University for the last seven years. He teaches both the Individual Taxation and Business Taxation courses. He passes on his knowledge and real-life experience to positively impact the lives of future CPAs.
Prior to joining the firm, Charles assisted in tax preparation work at James C. Thompson & Co., CPAs for five years. His current and previous roles have given him the necessary experience to assist his clients with a broad range of technical and strategic financial issues.
Charles was inspired to pursue a career in accounting by his father, who has been an accountant for the City of St. Louis for the past 35 years. Today he attributes much of his professional success to his parents, who instilled in him the value of hard work.
Charles currently lives in St. Charles, Missouri with his wife, Betsy, and their two sons, Patrick and Stephen. Outside the office, he enjoys watching a variety of sports and is an avid St. Louis sports fan. He is also a professional bowler.
“As a professional service provider, I feel it is important to deliver on my promises to clients and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Clients look to us for our financial expertise and guidance, so I strive to meet and exceed their expectations.”
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Master of Science in Taxation (MST)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- Fontbonne University Alumni Association
- Vianney High School Alumni Association
Honors, Activities & Achievements
- Masters of Accounting Professor at Fontbonne University
- Most Outstanding Young Alumni – 2015 Fontbonne University
- Outstanding Accounting Student, Class of 2005
- Fontbonne University
- Master of Science in Taxation, 2007
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, 2005