March 24, 2020
To our valued clients and friends,
As the national, state, and local response to COVID-19 continues to develop, we wanted to share the following new developments with you.
- Missouri Governor Mike Parson has announced that Missouri will be mirroring the 3 month tax filing and payment extension previously announced by the IRS (IR-2020-58); Missourians will now have until July 15thto file any tax returns and pay any tax liabilities otherwise due on April 15th(including first quarter 2020 estimated tax payments).
- In addition to income tax relief, Missouri has announced a number of additional measures in response to the COVID-19 crisis, including extensions and modifications to a number of health and welfare programs and automatic 60-day extensions to drivers license and license plate renewals (more information can be found here).
- St. Louis County has announced a Stay At Home Ordereffective from March 23rdthrough April 22nd, requiring many businesses to remain closed for the duration. As we are an Essential Business exempt from the Order, our offices will remain open for the time being. That said, we will be strictly adhering to social distancing requirements and will be taking the following additional precautions to help protect our clients and employees:
- In order to limit any face-to-face interactions, in lieu of dropping-off tax information to our offices, we are strongly encouraging all clients to submit their information electronically, via US mail, or via an express delivery service (e.g. UPS or FedEx). Likewise, for delivery of tax returns, we are encouraging clients to opt for delivery of their tax returns via US mail or express delivery service in lieu of picking them up or using a courier.
- For the duration of the Stay At Home Order, we are discontinuing in-person meetings between clients and our staff members, unless absolutely necessary.
- We are strongly encouraging our professional staff to work remotely and are limiting the number of individuals allowed in our offices at any given time.
Please know that we are here to support and you and are still available to address your concerns and needs.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this evolving pandemic. You can continue to trust the Abeles & Hoffman, P.C. team will do all that we can to keep you informed and complete the projects you have entrusted with us.
Abeles and Hoffman, P.C.